Protector Security Systems & Locksmith Corp. is a growing company located in Fergus, Ontario. We service both residential & commercial properties in Central Ontario. We are currently looking for an experienced Locksmith to join our team of professional experts and assist the company with the full spectrum of locksmithing services that are in high demand.
The Locksmith performs journeyman level locksmith work requiring expertise in installing, maintaining and repairing different types of building locks including cylindrical, unit, mortise and rim, and reload cylinders, as well as replaces and repairs panic hardware, door closures, ADA openers, locks on desks, file cabinets, display cases, and similar containers. The Locksmith cuts new or replacement keys, picks locks for which keys have been lost or broken and makes repairs of locks as required under emergency conditions. The Locksmith also maintains an adequate and appropriate stock of locksmith supplies and equipment, monitors and reports maintenance issues needing attention to the appropriate authority, and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical or electrical locking devices, using handtools and special equipment: Disassembles locks, such as padlocks, safe locks, and door locks, and repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Inserts new or repaired tumblers into lock to change combination.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys, using keycutting machine.
- Moves lockpick in cylinder to open door locks without keys.
- Opens safe locks by drilling.
- May keep records of company locks and keys.
Compensation And Conditions:
- Permanent, full-time position
- 44 hours of work per week
- Competitive compensation, $20-$25/hour based on experience
- Overtime work may be required to address emergency requests (with applicable overtime paid after 44 hours/week)
- On-call, shift availability (will be notified in advance)
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
Locksmith: 2 years (Required)