On March 17, 2020, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issued an update to its guidance that now expressly acknowledges that employers may implement temperature screening measures in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The EEOC noted that “[b]ecause the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] and state/local health authorities have acknowledged community spread of COVID-19 and issued attendant precautions, employers may measure employees’ body temperature.”
Our temperature scanner is an automated system that detects and tracks individuals with a higher than average temperature. When a person with elevated body temperature is detected, the system triggers an automatic alert.
Our automatic temperature scanner is one of the most advanced and accurate units currently on the market
Compared to the current handheld thermometers being used by many businesses, our thermal mass fever screening system can scan more people faster and from a greater distance. The system saves companies money on employee costs as the screening system does the temperature by measuring and alerting employees automatically, instead of placing a paid employee at risk to take temperatures and slow the flow of customers. Using our incredibly fast and accurate system will protect both employees and customers and save businesses both time and money.
How can a thermal mass fever screening system benefit your business
- More accurate readings than a handheld thermal reader
- Can scan up to 500 people per minute
- Perfect to use at entrances with a mass flow of people.
- Gives accurate readings at vast distances – between 2 meters (~6.5 feet) and 10 meters (~33 feet)
- Quick and easy setup.
- Allows for contactless fever screening at a greater distance.
- Gives businesses and their employee’s protection and peace of mind
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence – ensures accuracy and performs data analysis, unlike any other screening system on the market
- Includes a PC with licensed Windows OS – for remote monitoring and data storage
- Automatic alerts
The notion that U.S. employers would engage in broad-scale temperature screening of employees was once virtually unthinkable. However, Businesses, schools, airports, institutions, and government facilities are anxious to resume operations following more than two months of lockdown, but they need to enforce social distancing and identify people with high temperatures. In response, technology providers have developed automated identity and temperature monitoring tools that allow locations to check people’s temperatures.
Protector Security Systems is one of the most trusted security companies in Ontario. Contact us for more information on access control systems and other home and business security solutions.